This week, we completed a nationally representative survey of 1,500 Canadians and explored their views on Canadian politics to update our regularly tracking. Early next week we will release an in-depth analysis of the Green Party’s rise and surrounding implications.
Here’s a quick summary of what we found:
- The Liberals and Conservatives are neck and neck in voting intentions although the Conservatives lead by 3 among the most motivated voters.
- 44% of Canadians are now open to voting Green. Up 4 since April and 8 since December.
- The Liberal government’s approval rating is holding steady, although almost half say they disapprove compared with 33% who approve.
- Andrew Scheer’s negatives are up this month, while Elizabeth May’s image continues to improve.
- 19% of Canadians now say they would prefer Elizabeth May to be Prime Minister after the next election.