|30 minute wait for ambulance|
On the afternoon of Friday, March 6th, a group of seniors were enjoying a game of floor curling and shuffleboard at the Prairie Pioneer Center, located at 511 - 2nd Street West, in Brooks. After the activities, the group enjoys a social time with coffee and a snack.
On this particular afternoon, one of our senior gentlemen, began to choke on some food. Two men immediately took action to perform the Heimlich maneuver. Unfortunately, the food could not be dislodged. I ran to the land line and dialed 911. I got a busy signal. Full Story >
|Too long of a wait for ambulance|
Re: Concerning length of time EMS arrived at scene of man in distress
This meeting concerned Mr. John Goerzen who passed away suddenly on March 6th, 2015 after a floor curling game at the Prairie Pioneers building. He had sat down to have a coffee and a snack when he suddenly choked on what he was eating, and the problem we had getting the EMS there, and being able to save him. The Mayor Mr. Shields had heard of our problem in a very short time and asked to have a meeting with everyone that was at the floor curling. Mr. Shields set up a meeting with us all at his office on Monday, March 9th, 2015 at 4 pm, 2015. Full Story >